We Tried It So You Don’t Have To: An Honest Review Of New e.l.f. Products
All products featured on Squeaky Deals are independently selected by our editors. However, when you buy something through our retail links, Squeaky Deals may earn an affiliate commission.
If you’re new to Squeaky Deals, let us be the first to tell you we love a good drugstore makeup or skincare find. Thanks to brands like e.l.f. Cosmetics, there’s tons of high quality and well performing options at affordable prices. We’ve sang the praises of e.l.f. before and it’s a brand we always look forward to covering when new collections drop. We placed an order on several new e.l.f. releases and put them to the test — here’s our honest review on the latest products to join the drugstore beauty line.
Vitamin C-Bright Putty Primer by e.l.f. Cosmetics retails for $12 at elfcosmetics.com.
The latest addition to the best-selling e.l.f. putty primer line is the Vitamin C-Bright Putty Primer. Infused with 2% Vitamin C to promote a bright complexion, it was immediately noticed that the consistency of the new putty primer differs from its predecessors. While the C-Bright Putty Primer is hydrating, it does not blur or minimize pores in the same manner as others in the line. Overall, the primer was nice but not an effective base for hiding imperfections or creating a smooth base. However, if you’re looking for a hydrating and glowing primer, this could work well for you.
- Little to no scent.
- Provides a nice glow.
- Does not blur skin’s appearance.
- Does not minimize pores or imperfections.
- Does not control oil and could be too dewy for some.
- Other high-quality drugstore primers available for same price or less.
No Budge Cream Eyeshadow by e.l.f. Cosmetics retails for $5 at elfcosmetics.com.
Creamy, highly-pigmented eyeshadows are the latest to join the line of eye makeup from the brand. The No Budge Cream Eyeshadow by e.l.f. Cosmetics are individual pots that contain a rich formula. The workable cream shadows deliver incredible color payout and are opaque yet can be blended effortlessly. They're also great for using as eyeliner to create a variety of looks.
- Creamy and blendable.
- True color payout and opacity.
- Can be used multiple ways to create looks.
- Long-lasting wear.
- Current color options are random.
- Texture may be too thick for some.
- Could feel tacky to some.
Game Up Rez-Me Awakening Eye Cream by e.l.f. Cosmetics retails for $10 at elfcosmetics.com.
Get a wide awake look using the Game Up Rez-Me Awakening Eye Cream by e.l.f. Cosmetics. The formula features an orange tint to aid in color correcting under eye dark circles, while three stainless steel roller balls gently glide the formula over the skin with a cooling, depuffing sensation. This is a great pick-me-up and is best worn underneath makeup.
- Orange tint minimizes dark circles.
- Infused with hyaluronic acid and peptides for a boost of hydration.
- Roller balls depuff and cool skin on application.
- Can feel tacky if too much product is used.
- Pills when worn over makeup.
- Limited edition product.
- Active ingredients does not include caffeine, which can aid in depuffing efforts.
Luminous Putty Blush by e.l.f. Cosmetics retails for $7 at elfcosmetics.com.
The Luminous Putty Blush by e.l.f. Cosmetics is the latest formula to join the putty makeup collection. The cream-to-powder formula delivers a hydrating and luminous healthy glow, however, color payout is not the same as other e.l.f. products. While the lack of opacity allows you to create a desired look through layering, having to continue to pick up product from the shallow pot grew old quickly. The color range features six shades in a mix of bright and neutral tones that compliment a variety of skin tones.
- Lightweight and hydrating formula.
- Luminous glow without glitter.
- Accessible price point for many.
- Very sheer and requires a lot of product to build desired color.
- Not as long-lasting as other drugstore cream blushes.