Florence By Mills Low-Key Peel Off Mask Honest Review — Shop Now
All products featured on Squeaky Deals are independently selected by our editors. However, when you buy something through our retail links, Squeaky Deals may earn an affiliate commission.
When it comes to masking, there are a lot of options to sift through. Since we were sent the Besties Skincare Vol. 2 kit from Florence by Mills, the skincare and cosmetics company founded by actress Millie Bobby Brown, we’re sharing our honest thoughts after using the kit, which includes the Low-Key Calming Peel Off Mask.
Now, you may be thinking (as we were) how a peel off mask would perform considering most of the peel off masks on the market have either had their effectiveness de-bunked or criticized. We’re happy to report that while we were hesitant to use the mask on sensitive, post-breakout skin, the Low-Key Calming Peel Off Mask exceeded our expectations. Continue reading to learn why we gave this peel off mask our stamp of approval.
Low-Key Calming Peel Off Mask from Florence By Mills retails for $22 at florencebymills.com.
Let us start off this honest review by stating this isn’t your average peel off mask that you used as a teenager. This peel off mask featured no fragrance, and while the color gives off a pearlescent rose-gold finish, no glitter or trace of color was left on the face after using. We were hesitant at first to use the mask due to recent breakouts, but the Low Key Calming Peel Off mask was gentle and effective, even on sensitive skin. The product delivered skin-loving and nourishing ingredients in under 30 minutes. First, we applied a thick layer using the silicone face mask brush that was included with the kit. After waiting the suggested 20-30 minutes, we began the satisfying process of peeling the mask from our face, which revealed a bright and fresh faced complexion. Skin was noticeably softer and redness was reduced, in addition to our complexion looking more calm and even.
- Easy to use and remove.
- Peel off process was satisfying.
- Skin felt soft and redness was noticeably reduced.
- Safe for use on post-breakout and/or sensitive skin.
- Application process could be messy without use of a brush, which is an additional cost if not bought in the skincare kit.
- Mask could take longer than 30 minutes depending on thickness applied.
- Some areas were ready for removal while others required more time, resulting in an uneven removal process.
- Due to nature of the consistency of a peel off mask, a headband or hair clips is suggested to avoid mask getting in the hair line which resulted in a difficult removal process.